We then go across the pond (more on that in the coming months btw), and try their British bitter style beer. Perhaps as it was cold I was more apt to enjoy it, but as I and everyone else found out British bitters are not terribly pleasant. Surely not an awful beer, but the aftertaste and overall feel of the beer doesn’t blend well.
Shipyard Old Thumper ESB: 5.5/10 – Ends weirdly, not a bad tasting brew but it’s not really enjoyable. This isn’t a beer you’d seek out, this is the beer that they have on tap that’s cheap, and while it’s not awful it can pair well with the right food, but it’s not a beer to write home about.
Google Shop Average: (Prices at Brew Haus for Draught) – $5.50
Top Posts & Pages
- Kamchatka Vodka 750mL
- 1800 Silver Tequila 750mL
- Russian Standard Platinum Vodka 750mL
- E & J XO Extra Smooth Brandy 750mL
- E & J VSOP Brandy Superior Reserve 750mL
- Hammer + Sickle 750mL
- Gray's Peak Small Batch Vodka 750mL
- Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch 750mL
- Blanton's The Original Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskey 750mL
- SCIENCE TIME - Kahlua vs. Kamora
Tags2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Ale Allagash Argentina Australia Beer Poster Challenge Berkshire Brewing Company Blended Scotch Bourbon Cabernet Sauvignon California Chile France Gin Italy Lager Malbec Merlot Napa Valley On the Rocks Pinot Noir Portugal Rum Scotch Silver Tequila Single Malt Sonoma County Spain Stout Syrah Tequila Vodka Washington State Weekly Wine Whiskey White Russian Zinfandel