We then were very much surprised by the Sea Dog Blueberry. Now being from WPI we know Wachusett’s Blueberry very well, but it never really struck us. Thankfully Shipyard has shown us the light and that when you make a blueberry beer you must not taste beer with hints of blueberry, but must feel like you’ve bitten into a pie with every sip.
Shipyard Sea Dog/Smashed Blueberry: 7.8/10 – Most blueberry beers are weak with a bit of blueberry taste thrown in, here it feels like they’ve really committed to the blueberry flavor and it really shows. The beer and hops are still prevalent but they’ve taken the back burner and honestly that’s what we want.
Google Shop Average: (Prices at Brew Haus for Draught) – $5.50
Top Posts & Pages
- 1800 Silver Tequila 750mL
- E & J XO Extra Smooth Brandy 750mL
- Kamchatka Vodka 750mL
- Margaritaville Silver Tequila 750mL
- Familia Camarena Silver Tequila 750mL
- Russian Standard Platinum Vodka 750mL
- E & J VSOP Brandy Superior Reserve 750mL
- SCIENCE TIME - Kahlua vs. Kamora
- Seagram’s Extra Dry Gin 750mL
- Gray's Peak Small Batch Vodka 750mL
Tags2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Ale Allagash Argentina Australia Beer Poster Challenge Berkshire Brewing Company Blended Scotch Bourbon Cabernet Sauvignon California Chile France Gin Italy Lager Malbec Merlot Napa Valley On the Rocks Pinot Noir Portugal Rum Scotch Silver Tequila Single Malt Sonoma County Spain Stout Syrah Tequila Vodka Washington State Weekly Wine Whiskey White Russian Zinfandel